All Topics     |     Industry News     |     Knowledge Base     |     Company     |     Product Updates

Keys to running a successful FSS program

Posted by NMA on May 17, 2021 9:30:00 AM

Adam Ensalaco, one of NMA’s experts on FSS program management, shares his thoughts on maintaining a successful program.

iStock-1217050720_edited_BLOGWhat is FSS?

FSS is the most powerful mechanism in the HUD world for moving a family out of poverty, bar none.

The FSS—Family Self-Sufficiency—program enables HUD-assisted families to increase their earned income and reduce their dependency on government assistance. A roof over their head and rent relief are not enough; FSS provides the momentum families need to become self-sufficient.

Read More

Topics: FSS, Knowledge Base

3 things you should know about the Emergency Rental Assistance Program

Posted by NMA on Sep 18, 2020 9:15:00 AM

Emergency Rental Assistance Program Blog-01-1

Many states and municipalities are choosing to allocate some of their Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide emergency rental assistance payments (ERAP) to tenants who have been unable to pay their rent due to income loss from COVID-19. Frequently, housing authorities have been charged with executing these programs and distributing funds to property owners.

Read More

Topics: Knowledge Base

Common Tax Credit Compliance Questions and Answers Webinar

Posted by NMA on Apr 27, 2020 7:45:00 AM

HTVN webinar-01

NMA's trainer and consultant, Heather Wiedenfeld is teaming up with HAI Group to bring you our Common Tax Credit Compliance Questions and Answers Webinar to help you prepare for taking NMA’s online
Fundamentals of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Management course, offered by our our partners’ online training division.

Read More

Topics: LIHTC, Knowledge Base

FAQ Friday: Withdrawal of cash from assets

Posted by Annie Stevenson on Jun 7, 2019 7:00:00 AM


One of our clients recently reported that he cashed in a 401(k) account. The full value of the account was $25,000. $7,000 was deducted for taxes and the client received the remaining $18,000. What should we count as income, the full gross amount or the net amount received after taxes?

Read More

Topics: Books and Revision Services, Q&A, Rent Calculation, Knowledge Base

4 tips for being a fair housing superstar (part 4)

Posted by Adam Ensalaco on Apr 9, 2019 11:12:00 AM

How to become a fair housing superstar

April is Fair Housing Month! In honor of this occasion, I’m sharing four tips I’ve learned over the years. From “senior buildings” and reasonable accommodation to service animals and housing terminology, I’m here to get you on the path to becoming the fair housing superstar I know you are. This is a four part series, so be sure to read parts one, two, and three.

Read More

Topics: Fair Housing, Knowledge Base, HUD terms

Know when we've posted

Popular Posts

Trending Posts

Posts by Topic

See All