HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) has posted an updated version of Form HUD-52665, Family Portability Information. The form has a new revision date (6/2016) and expiration date (4/30/2018), and also includes revisions to account for changes brought about by the Streamlining Portability Final Rule, including:
- A new field has been added in Part II-A to indicate the receiving PHA’s administrative fee rate.
- Instructions in Part II-B of the form have been revised to state that this part must be completed by the receiving PHA and received by the initial PHA within 90 days following the expiration date of the initial PHA’s voucher, and that for changes in the family status or billing amount, Part II-B must be completed and sent within 10 working days of the effective date of the change.
- What was previously section 5 of Part II-B has now been broken out into two separate entries numbered 5 and 6. Subsequent sections have been renumbered.
- Section 9 of Part II-B (formerly 8) now includes a note that the form must be submitted again once the outcome of the family’s search is known.
- Section 10 (formerly 9) covering billing information now contains fields to account for ongoing administrative fee-related revisions in the final rule.
- A comments section is now included on the last page.
The updated form is available in on HUDCLIPS. In other news this week: