Subscribers to our annual revision service can expect to receive the latest updates to the NMA Model Administrative Plan and Guide within the next week or so. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Laurie Durrett in our accounting department and she'll be happy to assist you.
Shortly after we completed our May 2014 revision of the NMA Model Administrative Plan and Guide, HUD issued two crucial pieces of guidance in the June 25, 2014 Federal Register: the HERA final rule and the implementation notice for the 2014 appropriations act. Because of the importance of this new information, we have decided to publish a second revision for 2014, which also provides updated policies for recently issued Notice PIH 2014-20. Major additions to the October 2014 revision include:
- Extensive revisions regarding project-based vouchers (PBVs) as codified by the HERA final rule
- A new set of policies covering the optional biennial HQS inspections authorized by the 2014 appropriations act
- Other changes mandated by the June 25 implementation notice, including new requirements for utility allowances and a revised definition for extremely low-income (ELI) family
- Updated language regarding nondiscrimination as outlined in Notice PIH 2014-20, which provides guidance on the equal access final rule
- Other minor modifications to bring the content current with HUD regulations and guidance
NMA revision services provide a yearly update to your NMA Master Books and model policies with explanations and guidance regarding the most current HUD rules and regulations. To stay updated on the latest program information, try a free 30-day trial subscription to the PIH Alert. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.