NMA's Public Housing Master Book has shipped!
Subscribers to our annual revision service can expect to receive the latest version of the NMA Public Housing Master Book this week or next. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Laurie Durrett in our accounting department and she'll be happy to assist you.
The 2014 revision to the NMA Public Housing Master Book includes the addition of the following regulatory changes:
- Extensive additions regarding the new flat rent requirements mandated under the 2014 appropriations act and outlined in Notice PIH 2014-12 and its accompanying PIH-issued FAQs
- Updates to account for the issuance of Notice PIH 2013-26, which extends the temporary compliance provisions of 2013-03
- Updated language regarding nondiscrimination as outlined in Notice PIH 2014-20, which provides guidance on the equal access final rule
- Changes throughout the book for the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (VAWA)
- A new section for service animals and assistance animals incorporating the latest guidance, including Notice FHEO 2013-1
- A revised definition for extremely low-income (ELI) family, as per the Federal Register notice published June 25, 2014
- Updates to the list of federally mandated income exclusions as published in the Federal Register, as well as other changes required by the HERA final rule
- Additions, updates, and corrections to important HUD references
- Minor modifications for clarification and wording
Looking for further guidance? Don’t miss our recent blog series on the new flat rent requirements, in which Annie Stevenson, author of the daily PIH Alert, analyzes how the new regulations will affect housing authorities and the families they serve.
NMA revision services provide a yearly update to your NMA Master Books and model policies with explanations and guidance regarding the most current HUD rules and regulations. To stay updated on the latest program information, try a free 30-day trial subscription to the PIH Alert. Email email@example.com to get started.