Our writing team has officially completed this year's revision of the NMA Model Admin Plan and Guide. For digital subscribers, your policy updates are available immediately on our revision subscriptions site. For hardcopy subscribers, the revision will be shipped out within the next few weeks.
If you're a brand new subscriber, you'll receive a hardcopy version along with instructions and credentials for downloading the electronic files. Please expect a few weeks for the hard copies to arrive.
2020 NMA Model Admin Plan and Guide updates include:
- Sweeping changes to the RAD PBV chapter to account for the inssuance of the most recent RAD notice, PIH 2019-23
- Changes to screening policies in light of Office of General Counsel (OGC) guidance released over the last few years
- Updates to policies regarding conducting remote informal reviews and hearings
- Updates to account for the expiration of the "old" method of calculating the Earned Income Disallowance (EID) for participants who qualified prior to May 9, 2016
- Modifications to policies regarding student financial assistance to better reflect the guidance set forth in Notice PIH 2015-21
- Clarifications on the voluntary adoption of Small Area Fair Market Rents (SAFMRs), as outlined in Notice PIH 2018-01
- Other clarifications and modifications to reflect industry best practices, and to ensure that the content is user-friendly, current, and in compliance with all HUD regulations and guidance