Subscribers to our annual revision service can expect to receive the latest version of the NMA Public Housing Management (PHM) Master Book this week. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact Janell Guilbeaux in our accounting department and she'll be happy to assist you.
The issuance of the final capital fund rule in October 2013 prompted major revisions to the PHM Master Book. In addition to those changes, the 2014 revision also includes:
- New guidance for ensuring compliance with Notice PIH 2014-12, the flat rent interim notice mandated by the 2014 appropriations act
- Extensive changes throughout the book for the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (VAWA)
- A new section for service animals, assistance animals, and pets, incorporating the latest guidance including Notice FHEO 2013-1
- Updates to account for the issuance of Notice PIH 2013-26, which extends the temporary compliance provisions of 2013-03
- Updates to the list of federally mandated income exclusions as published in the Federal Register
- Other minor modifications and reorganizations for clarification and wording
Looking for further guidance? Don't miss our blog series: Working with Sequestration in the Public Housing Program. You may also be interested in our Public Housing Management class, which has also been thoroughly updated for the final capital fund rule as well as all bulleted items above.
NMA revision services provide a yearly update to your NMA Master Books and model policies with explanations and guidance regarding the most current HUD rules and regulations. To stay updated on the latest program information, try a free 30-day trial subscription to the PIH Alert. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.