Congratulations to Sheron Stepney at the East St. Louis Housing Authority, the winner of our #ThrowbackThursday contest! She shared a fantastic #NMAthrowback from 2001 on our Facebook page and has won an NMA Master Book of her choice. Thanks to everyone who participated!
NMA’s Master Book series is a complete program guide providing you with detailed explanations on how to apply the latest rules and regulations for the public housing and housing choice voucher programs.
These books clarify tough HUD regulations and are a valuable asset to anyone working in the affordable housing industry. NMA's revision services team has been working hard to get the latest editions of our Master Books written, published, and shipped to you.
2016: COMING SOON! For 2016, the NMA HCV Executive Management Master Book has been brought current with all recent regulatory requirements and guidance, including:
- Sweeping changes brought about by the final rule on streamlining administration regulations, issued March 8, 2016, including modifications regarding verification, utility reimbursements, annual and interim reexaminations, and inspection protocol, among other areas of program administration
- Changes to account for the final rule on streamlining portability, issued August 20, 2015
- The addition of a new section on required PHA policies and policy development, with a focus on the consolidated plan, the PHA plan, the assessment of fair housing (AFH), and the administrative plan
- Updates regarding the use of arrest records in denials and terminations per Notice PIH 2015-19
- Other minor modifications and clarifications to bring the content current with HUD regulations and guidance
2016: COMING SOON! For 2016, the NMA HCV Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Master Book has been brought current with all recent regulatory requirements and guidance, including:
- Several changes regarding inspection requirements brought about by the final rule on streamlining administration regulations, issued March 8, 2016
- Further clarifications on the streamlining rule as described in Notice PIH 2016-05, which provided implementation guidance on various aspects of the rule
- Other clarifications and corrections to bring the content current with HUD regulations and guidance, including topics such as lead-based paint and inspection accuracy
Got questions about the final rules on streamlining administrative regulations and portability? Don’t miss Nan’s legislative update at the The Housing Conference next month, where she’ll discuss acts of Congress, regulation changes, and what’s ahead for 2017.