Recently on HUD Exchange, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) posted several new resources to aid in the implementation of the Small Area Fair Market Rents (SAFMR) final rule. Chief among these resources is a new guidebook, which provides guidance and practical examples for PHAs implementing SAFMRs. Topics covered in the guidebook include the policy background of SAFMRs, how SAFMRs will affect payment standards, and administrative and programmatic impacts of the rule.
In addition to the guidebook, HUD has also posted several other resources providing additional information and guidance on the rule. These include:
- A list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding SAFMRs
- Sample implementation documents
- Case studies examining the experiences of two PHAs implementing SAFMRs in HUD’s SAFMRs demonstration
- A webcast on implementing the SAFMRs rule
- Links to HUD’s SAFMRs page on HUDUser, the final rule itself, and Notice PIH 2018-01, which provided implementation guidance on the rule as well
Does SAFMR implementation sound like a headache for your time-crunched, budget-burdened agency? Let us take on that project for you. We’ll conduct rent burden analyses, analyze vacancy rates, and conduct other required actions to ensure you’re in full compliance with all HUD rules and regulations. Click here to learn more