July 18, 2014 Leave a comment
Late yesterday the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) posted new guidance for the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) in Notice PIH 2014-17. The new notice, which fills 31 pages, provides guidance on resident relocation requirements and procedures, including:
- Recommended elements of a relocation plan
- Suggested sequencing of relocation planning activities
- Residents’ right to return to the project after conversion
- Required relocation assistance and resident notification
- Fair housing and civil right requirements
- Public housing program compliance
- Evictions for cause
In an email, HUD announced that it will be hosting a question-and-answer (Q&A) session in the coming weeks on Notice PIH 2014-17. The Q&A has not yet been scheduled; we’ll let you know when more details are available.
HUD also posted two new frequently asked questions (FAQs) about RAD. The new questions cover the following topics:
- Changes to the RAD project-based rental assistance (PBRA) housing assistance payment (HAP) contract to conform with the Section 8 Multifamily Assisted Housing Reform and Affordability Act (MAHRA)
- Changes to the RAD use agreement and RAD conversion commitment (RCC) to address concerns raised by residents, lenders, and investors regarding rights of foreclosure
You can access the RAD FAQs in two different ways from the RAD home page. One way will take you directly to the full collection of FAQs, categorized by topic. The other will take you to the RAD Resource Desk, where you’ll find a searchable database of the FAQs.