August 25, 2015 Leave a comment
We’re very excited to announce that NMA trainers Samantha Sowards and Sheryl Putnam are now authorized to administer the Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) exam. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) HCCP designation is a specialized designation for developers, property managers, asset managers, and others who work in the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) program. The HCCP is a well-known and respected designation in the LIHTC world.
Students who attend NMA’s Fundamentals of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Management course now have the option to take the HCCP certification exam instead of the NMA certification exam at the end of the seminar. Individuals interested in obtaining just the HCCP certification may also take the exam without attending the course, since the exam is given independently from the course. Attendance of an NMA course is not a prerequisite for taking the HCCP exam. Students who wish to receive both certifications may take the HCCP exam at the end of the seminar and the NMA exam online within six months of attending the seminar.
NAHB’s requirements for achieving the HCCP designation include:
- Successful completion of the HCCP exam ($175 fee; $100 for retakes)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the LIHTC industry by graduation (those who fail to meet this requirement may consider themselves an HCCP candidate until reaching two years of experience)
- A total of 10 hours of LIHTC training
- Adherence to the HCCP Code of Ethics
What happens when you receive the HCCP designation?
- You receive a congratulatory welcome kit, including a plaque, HCCP lapel pin, HCCP ribbon, and sample press release for your company to use internally or for local media recognition
- Your name listed in the online HCCP Directory
- You receive a subscription to The Credential, a quarterly e-newsletter developed by the HCCP Board of Governors to bring HCCPs the latest tax credit industry information
- You are eligible for discounted registration to one-hour educational webinars offered quarterly; HCCPs that attend each webinar fulfill their annual continuing education requirement
- You have the opportunity to attend the annual reception and networking event honoring the HCCP of the Year
- You have access to the professional LinkedIn group exclusively for active HCCPs
- You have access to LIHTC technical assistance through NAHB staff and the HCCP Board of Governors
If you’d like more information on the HCCP exam, please visit NAHB’s website at www.nahb.org.
Samantha, Sheryl, and other industry experts will be available for limited free one-hour consulting sessions at the 2015 NMA and GoSection8 Housing Conference. Registered participants can sign up on a first-come, first-served basis now. Register online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.