New for 2016 — get certified in rent calculation online without leaving your desk! We're excited to announce that we are now offering NMA's three most popular rent calculation seminars through our partner in online learning, HTVN.
Sign up now for HCV and Public Housing Rent Calculation, which is carefully designed to train combination areas together for maximum efficiency, or choose from HCV Rent Calculation and Public Housing Rent Calculation.
NMA trainer Adam Ensalaco specializes in making rent calculation easier to understand and clearing up common misconceptions about the process. You'll get all the expert guidance you need to become a rent calculation specialist as Adam takes you through rent calculation's key principles and best practices. Learn how to:
- Identify and calculate income from assets
- Calculate annual and adjusted income
- Apply the requirements for verification
- Calculate maximum rent at initial occupancy
- Calculate HAP and family share using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Calculate prorated rent for mixed families
- Put these principles into action with learning activities and case studies
NMA's longtime partnership with HTVN offers students the opportunity to enjoy many training options and earn a Nan McKay and Associates certification upon successful completion. NMA and HTVN are the only IACET-approved training and certification companies serving the affordable housing and public housing industries, which means you get the highest quality training plus the certification to show your achievement. IACET is a nonprofit association dedicated to quality continuing education and training programs, and is the only standard-setting organization approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for continuing education and training.
Other available online NMA certifications include:
- Customer Service
- Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation
- HCV Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
- HCV Specialist
- Public Housing Management (PHM)
Adam and other industry experts will be available for limited free one-hour Q&A sessions at the The Housing Conference this September in San Antonio, Texas. Registered participants can sign up on a first-come, first-served basis starting April 15. Register online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.